Tokyu Hands n C L Glowing - saluhaLlen E Bead Letter J O E S

Food Network - Recipe of the Day

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Copycat.

Just some funny stuff that's happened around here in the last few days.

After Cassi's first day of 3rd grade, later in the day, she looked at me and moaned, "Dad, I don't want to go to school anymore!
"Why?", I asked.
"Because it gets harder and harder EVERY DAY!!!!"

Uh-huh. You just wait, poor little child o' mine!

AJ is a copycat. Copycat I tell you.
I made semi-homemade spagetti sauce tonight (Newman's Own Marinara with added garlic, sausage, onions, and bell peppers) and when the meal was nearly complete I commented that the sauce needed more garlic.
"More garlic next time!" I promised.
"Yeah! She exclaimed"
I swear I thought she was trying to make it HER original idea. Like she was saying she was GONNA say that, but I beat her to it.

"You're always copying me", I said. "You so just acted like that was your idea to say that."
"What? No, I didn't. I was just agreeing with you!"
"You're always copying after me and I can prove it!" I say in my best prosecuting attorney voice.
"???????????" (the I can't WAIT to hear what you're about to tell me look).

"Remember when we got married and I said "I DO?".
"(She nods yes)"
"Well, I said "I do" first and then you had to COPY me and say it right after me, so YOU'RE a COPYCAT!!!"

Case closed I say.

ps.
Later in the afternoon AJ was heard outside in the garage sharpening our knives.
Please pray for me.

11 comments:

Anne said...

"semi-homemade spagetti sauce" - I like that!

Suzy-Q said...

;o) you are SO funny Joe.

you should have seen the looks on the kids faces when he did that! they were so mad at him! they thought he was being seriously mean!! haha!!

Doozie said...

Just make sure the kids also have sharp knives so the job gets done right the first time

Jenn said...

"zing!"

david mcmahon said...

More garlic? Let me know what happens next!

R said...

LOL. THAT was funny.

RiverPoet said...

Ha! Your "homemade" sauce sounds like mine. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with letting someone else make the tomato base while I get the glory of adding in what makes it special!

(should we send you a Kevlar vest?)

Peace - D
(here by way of David)

Georgina said...

Hi here via POTD, I do semi-homemade sauce too. Lots of extra chilli and garlic. I'll have to remember the "I do" line to use on my husband! Sharp knives aren't necessary with him though as he has scalpels Debs x

j said...

I copied my guy too. THANK GOD!

Do you do most of the cooking around your house? My husband does. He is a FAR better cook than I am.

Be blessed Y'all.

Jen

j said...

Tell Cassie "Hi" too.

I hope that she gets accustomed to her new routine SOON.

Jen again.

Jamie Dawn said...

Ha, ha, ha!!
You should thank your lucky stars that she "copied" you and said, "I do."
She's a keeper!

Beware of knives.
They can pierce flesh.