Tokyu Hands n C L Glowing - saluhaLlen E Bead Letter J O E S

Food Network - Recipe of the Day

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cookies.


Have you ever had ONE day, one day out of a thousand...nevermind.


Have you ever made ONE click on your email, one click out of a thousand that put your email life and ability to manage all the SPAM into a constant state of chaos. I mean, I know my cookies are darn-tootin' good tastin' and all but for pete's sake, my life will never be the same.

I've been suffering the consequences of that ONE ill -timed click to see what the message actually was and evidently I shall now forever pay.


In trying to unsubscribe to the e(vil)mail I was met with this message. Unsubscribing may take up to 6 weeks.

In the meantime I've been barraged with other companies' mass e-mail campaigns of which I have to "unsubscribe" to one at a time.

The Kicker:

This actually just happened. While unsubscribing to a credit card email and hitting the exit button a small window popped up that said "Wait!"

"Live Chat"

A spammer was trying to 'chat' with me. A real live 'spammer'.

I don't know what to say.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I've been told that "unsubscribing" can actually send your name out to more of those things. Better to change your email address.

Jamie Dawn said...

It's an epidemic!!!
This week, I received two "heartfelt" emails: one from a sad and very sick man from Nigeria who is looking to get his late mother's fortune out of the country and needs MY help, and one from a grieving woman whose dad just died who happened to be a cocoa grower and gold tycoon but whose fortune needs MY help to transfer into America.
I have not had to do too much unsubscribing like the hitonious scenario you described, but with all the foreigners who need MY help and with all the penis enhancement patches, devices, and pills I'm being offered, I've got my hands full of SPAM!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, I'm sure you can think of something to say. Remember that time in biology class when we got caught playing with matchbox cars???

WHOSE RETARDED NOW

Whistle Britches said...

ummmmmmm....??
amen?

Bryan said...

Try Gmail. They're spam filters are pretty much hands off. And it can also be configured to work with the email program of your choice if you don't want to use web mail. I use Outlook Express.