Tokyu Hands n C L Glowing - saluhaLlen E Bead Letter J O E S

Food Network - Recipe of the Day

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Circa 1988 and digressing.

Back in the day, circa 1988, I was an asst. manager at a grocery store while also attending The Tulsa School of Court Reporting. The attempt to be a Court Reporter never panned out as I found my hands and fingers, though nimble enough to be at best an amateur jazz guitarist, to be a bit on the extra-large size to maneuver the keys of the stenograph. 3 years of school and ten thousand in tuition money later I had to move on.

That was a major crossroad in my life as I found myself at the age of 30, only half finishing 2 or 3 college degrees.
But I digress.

I learned early in my life that I had to work harder in school to make good grades.
You expect me to say, I stepped up to the plate at an early age, let's say 13 to 16 and made the A honor role?
Nope. It didn't happen.
Digressing again.

As a child of 5 or 6 I realized I was able to pick up on attitudes, activity, emotions and generally the dynamic in the room. I also learned quickly that I was perhaps the only one in the room paying attention to even the most subtle of glances and could read the meaning behind the eye movement behind the glance. (More on this later)
Proof of this is that I would sometimes go over to the person and ask them if "this" is what they were thinking at that particular moment.
"You're just a kid, how would you know that?"
Good question.
As I grew older (and taller) I realized that within 15 seconds of entering a room, I could read who was mad at whom, who liked whom, the happy couples, the unhappy couples, the humbleness of few, and the arrogance of most.

Here I can stop digressing and go back to 1988 at Ken's Foods IGA.
This story is acutually NOT about me later discovering I am an INFJ.
Or is it?

Stay tuned for Part 2.

2 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Simon Baker, is that you? I know the Mentalist when I see him...thing is, I'm not seeing, I'm perceiving...Simon now you cut that out and put the Joe's back where they belong!
Sandi

lesliereid said...

Part 2? Bring it on.