Your very own Uncle Joe has discovered that he has a green thumb.
Even after planting a month behind normal gardeners my little 10' by 5' plot of ground is thriving. If my dad is impressed with it then you would be too.
I seem to be moving in phases at this time of my life.
I have learned to:
1) make bread and pizza from scratch.
2) make a pie from scratch using my Aunt Dolores' family favorite recipe.
3) still learning how to cook, using recipes and my imagination.
4) canned homemade salsa, pepper jelly
6) hide spam in muffins
7)plant a garden. ( At the new house I plan to have a small greenhouse of sorts)
8)paint my porch very creatively.
9)scavenger hunt in salvage yards. There's some really cool old cars sitting on large acreages that some people consider eyesores. Take a ride thru one sometime and take a trip back in time.
10)Attempt to teach all my girls piano. A very cool head is required in this area.
11) Attended a Ballroom Dancing class with my honey.
12) I'm telling on myself here but I have also enjoyed a glass or two of wine with my honey. Life is too short and wine is too good, in moderation.
13) We have changed churches and are facing some rather difficut changes but also opportunites at our new place of worship.
14) We are changing hometowns and our summer will be a busy one working on two houses, buying one and selling one.
15) I have had the opportunity to play with good friends and musicians over the last few months. Last night we played at a Relay for Life/Cancer benefit at the local stadium/running track. We finished our set at midnight. Some of the folks there walked all night long to make money for cancer research.
Heart update: My last echocardiogram showed no change in my ejection fraction which is a good but not great thing. I would have preferred an improvement in the percentage but the alternative to a higher percentage would be a lower percentage of my heart functioning.
So, in effect, even though I've gained a stupid amount of weight my heart has not suffered for it.
I am watching my kids again while AJ works. She deserves much praise for her tremendous workload and then coming home and putting up with us.
Even with my health problems my life is a blessed one. Everything's going to be alright cause we're going to be with Jesus at the end of this road and the devil has already lost the war. Jesus can be with you now if you'll let HIM.
Don't put your faith in people because people will always let you down. Don't look up to me, because I will let you down. The bible says to Raise your soul to NO man.
Raise your soul to Jesus, he won't let you down.
Unca Joe overandout.